Directed social bookmarking
One of my colleagues spends a lot of time seeing how we can introduce more enterprise 2.0 technologies to the workplace, and when I come across good stuff in that field I tend to throw it over the wall to him. It therefore struck me as insane that when I was reading this from Andrew McAfee and specifically looking at a picture depicting how bad email is for collaboration, that I sent him links by email.
This got me thinking that there should be a better way, but I quickly realised that the shallow streams of consciousness that we get from the social web aren’t directed enough. Once again a problem seems to have come up that is identity dependent and fine grained. So… we’ve started a little experiment of using del.icio.us tags that are directed at each other. I’ve borrowed the @name convention from Twitterees as a mechanism for doing this.
The missing piece seems to be a feedback mechanism (other than an email saying ‘thanks good link’ or whatever).
Filed under: e2.0 | 7 Comments
Tags: del.icio.us, e2.0, email, enterprise 2.0, social web
Raspberry Pi Downloads
- Making an image file from an SD card on Windows
- Raspberry Pi GPIO Joystick
- Apache 2.2 on Ubuntu 14.04
- Forwarding DNS queries to AWS VPC resolvers
- Three doesn't feel at home on 4G networks
- Raspberry Pi sous vide water bath
- Using Amazon EC2 as a web proxy
- Howto stunnel from HTTPS to HTTPS
- Raspberry Pi TV/PVR
- Raspberry Pi Satellite TV
Gurpreet Singh on Why my X230 might be my last L… aaron ng on USB Shaver Charger Chris Swan on Raspberry Pi GPIO Joystic… Fernando Cunha JR on Raspberry Pi GPIO Joystic… Chris Swan on Raspberry Pi GPIO Joystic…
- Bridge reportedly cost 548 million yuan. Next time you read China is a technocracy run by engineers, remember it.
- Natural selection making 'education genes' rarer, says Icelandic study
- Incremental consistency guarantees for replicated objects
- Google reveals its servers all contain custom security silicon
- Software platform for 1,000 cannabis businesses crashed over the weekend
- Beautifully-shot video of a box being made
- Europe’s rich since 1300
- The End of Enterprise IT (ING story)
- How to monitor Mustek PowerMust 2012 UPS with Ubuntu Server 14
- NUT Client for ESXi 5 and 6 (translated from French)
- @kenhorn @monkchips also antipope.org/charlie/blog-s… 4 hours ago
- RT @JohnKiriakou: I'm THRILLED that @xychelsea Chelsea Manning will be released. President Obama really did the right thing here. Kudos. 9 hours ago
- RT @cohesivenet: we’re happy to welcome @barton_nicholls to the Cohesive Networks team! cohesive.net/2017/01/welcom… 10 hours ago
- @TwiningsTeaUK FWIW you sent me 62 marketing emails in the last year, so plenty of missed opportunities to pass on 'last chance to buy' news 14 hours ago
- @TwiningsTeaUK I'd have bought a LOT had I known Any chance of the 'International' Earl Grey Green being reintroduced to UK online store? 14 hours ago